Gonna write another travelling song… 6 weeks of London, Edinburgh, Aviemore, Dublin and San Francisco
6 weeks ago, I moved to London. It seems like no time at all and like forever all at once.
To put it all in perspective (for my own sanity really), here’s the last 42 days in numbers…
- 400 miles driven to London, with 30 boxes, 2 sideboards, 2 Parker Knoll chairs, 3 suitcases of vintage china.
- 2 cats transported; number of times they yowled/objected, only 2.
- 1 flat, left behind, all empty, ready for someone else. 1 flat found, so very different, but falling in love with it anyway.
- 13,226 miles travelled back to Edinburgh, to Aviemore, to Dublin and, eh, San Francisco. (Yeah, spot the odd one out there.)
- 55 Underground journeys, 84 Overground journeys, 36 normal trains, 1 boat ride down the Thames and 1 bus journey.
- 2 weddings attended,
- 3 books read on my morning commute, only 1 one of which made me tearful in front of a carriage of people. (Note to self, sad books are not for reading in public.)
- 28 days without a bed, 42 days without a wardrobe, 41 days without a mirror in the flat, 41 days where I’ve had potentially crazy hair or wonky eyeliner.
- 28 days without wifi, spotify, netflix. 42 days without blogging, the longest break I’ve had in 4 years.
- 1 day wearing a fake fur coat; 3 days wearing sunglasses and sunscreen; 38 days wearing summer clothes with black tights and winter boots.
- 1283 photos snapped, 96 of street art, 9 of random neighbourhood cats, 6 of our local fox.
- 36 hours spent catching up with old friends, 149 hours meeting fantastic new people.
- Number of times it’s felt odd living in London: 0.
And for those who prefer pictures to numbers (that’ll be me then), here’s some random snaps of the last 6 weeks.
My neon legs at the Meridian Line…
San Francisco… and my shockingly long hair
The shadow of The Shard on a sunny morning…
I read a story about the widow of the actor who was the voice of the ‘Mind The Gap’ announcement… one of those beautiful, bittersweet ‘Up’ style stories that makes you smile and sad at the same time.
San Fran street art… and the Google bike (which I fell in love with)
InstaMax photos of a epically beautiful wedding
The London Eye snapped from the middle of the Thames (I was on a boat!)
Blossom and blue skies in San Fran
Mountains and blue skies in the Highlands
Falling in love with a lamb at the Southbank, London
Two cats leaving Edinburgh…
Snapping street art in San Fran…
Waiting in the Tube…
Bittersweet street art…
The sun setting on a glorious London day…
Our first new home card…
P.S. If you’ve been so lovely as to send me a message about meeting for tea/vintage shopping/general hello-ness, I’ll be replying soon!
P.P.S. Extra points if you recognised the title of this blog post was inspired by Bright Eyes’ Another Travelin’ Song. It’s been stuck in my head now for 3 days straight!
P.P.P.S. Photos of me in San Fran by Miss_Glassy.