Blog awards rock. It’s official.
They rock even more when they have names like ‘shoulda been a stripper’!
So I’d like to say a big thank you to Daydreams in Lace, Our Day by Design and Eden Rose, your Sugar Doll, Super Cute and Shoulda Been A Stripper blog awards made me smile on some very grey and blue November days.
Now before I announce which super cute, shoulda been a stripper sugar doll blogs I’m passing these awards onto… two of the awards came with a tag.
One was to share 10 things about me and the other was to share 7 of my personality traits (ekkk!). So here goes…
10 things about me…
1. I’m 5’3 and a bit. Friends say I’m deceptively short as most people think I’m much taller than I am.
2. I have very dark hair and very pale skin naturally – though if you look at pics of me when I’m a toddler, I had blonde hair and tanned skin… which makes me wonder if I’m the original Zoë!
3. I have been told by a disturbing amount of people that they think I was a cat in a previous life. It might explain my love of napping though.
4. I can’t stand being cold. When it comes to winter, I start wearing scarves, gloves, earmuffs and leg warmers on a permanent basis.
5. I really hate peas. (I think I might have mentioned this before but this is how strong my hatred is.)
6. I love camping at festivals… even if you do find slugs on your plastic plates in the morning. (This rather blurry pic represents how much I love it even if it is pouring with rain. I am so Scottish sometimes.)
7. My little cousins call me a ‘pretend grown-up’. They are so right.
8. I used to suffer from really bad migraines. I got three a month for five years. They sucked. And I am so so so happy to say that I don’t get them anymore!
9. I’m addicted to dim sum. I could eat it all day, every day, if I could. It makes me happy.
10. I really love cartoons – and once watched SpongeBob SquarePants for a week as they were playing the episodes back-to-back. (We had a free trial of Cartoon Network that week… I was gutted when it was over!)
And now for the scary bit…
7 personality traits…
1. Different. This is the most common word that friends and family use to describe me. I’m like the little fox Ash in Fantastic Mr Fox. A bit different but hopefully in a good way.
2. Perfectionist. I wish there was another word for this. I don’t exactly want everything to be perfect… I just like to have things ‘as I have them in my head’. It’s why I sometimes work very, very long hours, have arguments with plumbers about the placement of taps… and won’t eat sandwiches if they’re even a tiny bit soggy!
3. Thirfty. Spending large amounts of money makes me feel panicky. I am much happier finding a little bargain in a charity or second hand shop – it always feels like it’s worth so much more.
4. Imaginative. I come up with ideas for a living. I write scripts and stories in my spare time. But most of all, I see expressions on buildings, bunny-shaped puddles and comedy moments in everyday life. I can’t imagine any other way to be.
5. Tense. I’m ridiculously bad at relaxing. There always seems like there’s too much to be done. I’m currently relearning to knit and am hoping this will make me more zen-like. (But you so know that it’s just stressing me further!)
6. Caring. I’m not exactly a Care Bear but I care a great deal about all the people I love… and lots of people I don’t even know too. I hate seeing people sad and unhappy – and always want to do something to fix it.
7. Possimistic. I try my best to see the positive in every situation. (Gosh, I sound like a little do-gooder.) I think if I always saw the negative in everything, I wouldn’t bother to get up in the morning. (I’m not good with early mornings as it is!)
The other half thinks possimism describes my fear that one day possums will rise up and take over. And looking at this pic, I think he might be right!
And now that I’ve shared far too much about myself, some lovely blog awards for some lovely people…
My Sugar Dolls are…
Sweet Evie at handmade romance
Delectable Dee at our little love nest
The luscious pretty green
The moresome lenore nevermore
My Super Cuties are…
Adorable Fay at dreaming of an aga
The delightful dustjacket attic
The darling notes from the toothfairy
And My Shoulda Been A Strippers are…
Magnificent Meg at Meg Gets Crafty
Luscious Laura at She Draws
Knockout Kirsten at Paper Cut Panic
Siren Serena at Cowdy Calling
You guys know all the rules… pass them on if you want, do the tags if you want and generally just keep on being your super lovely selves.
I’m off to go stripping now… Or to lie down after such a HUGE blog post!
Pic credits: the strippers via Chole Van Paris, the bin faces via faces in places and the possum via Google Images